Is TV dying? I think the lifespan of television is slowly coming to an end. Back, when I was in grades two to six I would come home from school and run to the couch, grab the remote, and watch tv for hours. Everyone talked about what they watched the night before and how good it was. It was my only source of entertainment and I always got mad when my parents told me it was time to sleep. Nowadays I personally don't hear many people talk about what they watched or even talk about tv in general. I don't even remember the last time I sat down in front of a tv and watched a show. Most people don't watch shows on tv but on online streams like Netflix and Youtube (My dynamic duo).
With online streams, Netflix, people tend to prefer them more due to no ads and being able to watch any show at any time with a click of a button. Sometimes you get so caught up while watching a show or movie you lose track of time and forget to do the things you needed to do. It can be so hard for you to stay focused if you have Netflix or Youtube playing in the background, just taunting to watch the show. I never hear people say anymore, "Did you watch that show on Disney last night," but I often hear, "There's this great series on Netflix, you should watch it".
Now is really tv dying? Slowly but tv is a wonderful thing. Even though television isn't as popular as before doesn't mean it's going to die. Channels like CTV News, Family Channel, and ESPN have a large viewer audience. A basketball, football or even any other sports game, is always better to watch in on a bigger screen than a phone or computer and with a bunch of friends and family.
I think tv is slowly dying but many have switched to online streams.
No comments:
Post a Comment